Re: Two Flyers

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Two Flyers
Date: 2004-07-08 23:12:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Fortunately, we don't need an "official" logo, just an "official for OSCON
> 2004 logo".
>
> BTW, does anyone know the history of how PHP came to use an elephant?

I don't know, but I do know we've been using the elephant for almost a
decade now ... we started with the 'elephant in crystal' that I believe
Jan created, which was fantastic electronically, but didn't print very
well, so it morphed into the cartoon one we now use ...

Jan's version goes back to ... '97? And the cartoon one, I think, around
'99 ...

----