Re: mysql2postgres has no documentation?

From: joseph speigle <joe(dot)speigle(at)jklh(dot)us>
To: Postgres General Milis <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: mysql2postgres has no documentation?
Date: 2004-06-30 13:48:27
Lists: pgsql-general

> I have dump my databases qith mysqldump and put the
> result in a file ( named basisdata ).
>
> In order to make it be possible to be reloaded with
> psql, I want to convert the file with
> "mysql2pgsql.perl" tool.
>
> But I don't know the syntax.
>
> I tried this :
> "
> mysql2pgsql.perl basisdata
> "
PUT perl IN FRONT OF mysql2pgsql.perl
for example:
[www mysql2psql]$ perl mysql2pgsql.perl
Usage: mysql2pgsql.perl [-v|--h] mysql_dump_file [pg_database_name]

* mysql_dump_file is the filename of the mysql dump.
* pg_database_name is the name of the postgres database.
When ommitted standard output is used.
Combined with -v, it will tell you what SQL
commands are being executed
[joe(at)www mysql2psql]$