Re: xeon processors

From: Jaime Casanova <systemguards(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: xeon processors
Date: 2004-06-25 20:52:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

thanx

"Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:Hello,

I seem to recall that HyperThreading and PostgreSQL != good stuff...
There was a whole bunch of stuff recently on this... google the archives.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Jaime Casanova wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone tell me if postgresql has problems with xeon processors?
> If so, there is any fix or project of fix it?
>
> Thanx in advance,
>
> Jaime Casanova

> Todo lo que quieres saber de Estados Unidos, América Latina y el resto
> del Mundo.
> Visíta Yahoo! Noticias
> .

begin:vcard
fn:Joshua D. Drake
n:Drake;Joshua D.
org:Command Prompt, Inc.
adr:;;PO Box 215;Cascade Locks;Oregon;97014;USA
email;internet:jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
title:Consultant
tel;work:503-667-4564
tel;fax:503-210-0034
note:Command Prompt, Inc. is the largest and oldest US based commercial PostgreSQL support provider. We provide the only commercially viable integrated PostgreSQL replication solution, but also custom programming, and support. We authored the book Practical PostgreSQL, the procedural language plPHP, and adding trigger capability to plPerl.
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.commandprompt.com/
version:2.1
end:vcard