Re: Dump/Restore of cvs regression database gives invalid timestamp syntax error

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dump/Restore of cvs regression database gives invalid timestamp syntax error
Date: 2004-06-24 17:02:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 11:38:59AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com> writes:
> > ERROR: invalid input syntax for type timestamp with time zone:
> > "0097-02-16 17:32:01 BC-08"
>
> Thanks for catching this. It never came up before because we never
> would try to output timezone info for a BC date...

Maybe it's a good idea to routinely test regression dump/restore/dump
(and compare both dumps). This could also mean trying to keep the most
objects in it so features tested for regression are also tested for
recoverability ...

"El número de instalaciones de UNIX se ha elevado a 10,
y se espera que este número aumente" (UPM, 1972)