Database, Table Names are resulting in lowercase

From: Hemapriya <priyam_1121(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database, Table Names are resulting in lowercase
Date: 2004-06-24 14:14:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

We have postgresql running in mac. I found whatever db
objects i create from the sql prompt results
in lowercase. Can anyone tell me why it is happening.?
does postgres stores the db objects in lowercase
internally..

If i create something from the shell prompt it remains
in the same case i used. Can anyone tell me what is
the case limitations we have in postgres for
db,table,column names,etc.

Thanks
Priya