DBT-2 results using tablespaces

From: markw(at)osdl(dot)org
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Mary Edie Meredith <maryedie(at)osdl(dot)org>
Subject: DBT-2 results using tablespaces
Date: 2004-06-23 21:24:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Just wanted to share some data I've generated with dbt-2 using
tablespaces from a CVS export of PostgreSQL on June 22. I have results
and details on how I have the disks laid out with LVM2 here:
http://www.osdl.org/projects/dbt2dev/results/dev4-006/538/

The performance appears to be on par with results I've been getting with
PostgreSQL 7.4.1. For a comparison, you can see those results here:
http://www.osdl.org/projects/dbt2dev/results/dev4-006/526/

The volume where the database log resides is identicle between the two
tests. The disk layout has only changed for where the tables and
indexes reside.

--
Mark Wong - - markw(at)osdl(dot)org
Open Source Development Lab Inc - A non-profit corporation