Re: virtual fields on VIEW?

From: raptor <raptor(at)tvskat(dot)net>
To: "raptor(at)tvskat(dot)net" <raptor(at)tvskat(dot)net>
Cc: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: virtual fields on VIEW?
Date: 2004-06-18 23:56:18
Lists: pgsql-general

> view i.e. they are not updatable ..
|>
|> All views in PG are read-only. If you want to make the view updatable,
|> you'll need to write your own rules (see manuals for details).
|
|]- yep, i have to write RULES how updates/inserts will be propagandated( i made a quick read
|of this section from the docs..)

]- re: to myself... In fact I was using postgres in the past afaik 6.x versions or so (no outer joins, rule system was still not fully working ... it was good on paper was good but, ... now glad it has advanced so much :"))..
then i got using Inter Base(FireBird). (really cool db :") )
From what I see 7.x series has made huge step forward.. probably now surpacing firebird on features side.. (they had hard time
adapting Interbase code)
(no flame pls!)

AFAIK firebird(interbase) and postgres are the only DB with multiversioning engines, is that true ?

thanx again for your help..