Re: Static mirror generation

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Static mirror generation
Date: 2004-06-18 19:47:23
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, David Fetter wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 04:12:18PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Alexey Borzov wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!

>>> I am confused here. You mean that www.postgresql.org and
>>> alexey.beta.postgresql.org are in the same machine?
>>
>> of course ...
>>
>>> I suspect that has to do with the server load... I tried doing the
>>> same mirror feat now and it completed in less than a minute.
>>
>> that could be ... its why I'm ordering a Dual-Athlon ...
>
> BTW, I've got more interest from people to chip in personally. If
> this can wait 'til August, the PG Foundation should be able to cut you
> a check. If it can't, I can coordinate some donations.

Once the money gets in that I'm expecting (its "in transit"), I'm going to
be ordering both the new server, and the new switch ... if the one quote I
got today from a supplier in the US is any indication of what I can get,
as long as I can co-ordinate shipping from there to the co-lo facility,
the savings from what it would cost me either here, or in Panama, would
allow me to pick up servers a bit more often ...

The one quote I got was ~3/5ths the cost I was quoted in Panama, and about
the same savings over what it would cost me here in Canada ... I always
knew I lived in the wrong country for some things *sigh*

----