help needed for JDBC on PostgreSql7.3.2

From: Sanjay Deshpande <sanjay_dd(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: help needed for JDBC on PostgreSql7.3.2
Date: 2004-06-18 07:45:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello-
I have PostgresSql 7.3.2 running on Redhat Linux 9. I
have been trying to installl JDBC driver for
postgresql for JDK 1.3.1. Using the download option
on your site, I figured pg73jdbc2.jar is correct
version of JDBC driver I should use. After downloading
it and setting up the classpath pointing to
pg73jdbc2.jar file, I still get run time error " No
Classdef found". I tried initialising the JDBC driver
withing the program by using
Class.for("org.postgresql.Driver") with similar
result.
Can you educate me in selecting the proper driver and
initilising it for my set up?
Sanjay

=====

Sanjay Deshpande