Re: Database accesss using plperl

From: Paul Thomas <paul(at)tmsl(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Robert Fitzpatrick <robert(at)webtent(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general (at) postgresql (dot) org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database accesss using plperl
Date: 2004-06-16 23:05:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On 16/06/2004 21:27 Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I have plperl installed my PostgreSQL 7.4.2 server, but from what I
> understand in chapter 39.3 of the docs, you cannot access the databases
> without DBD::PgSPI. According to the readme for that module, it will
> only run on the untrusted plperlu.
>
> Is this the only way to run queries (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE) using
> plperl?

Are you talking about writing functions/stored procedures in PERL or
accessing the database from a PERL program because what you have read is
specific to functions/stored procedures. (sorry for the bad/absent
punctuation but I've just come back from the pub after a generous quantity
of Old Speckled Hen)

--
Paul Thomas
| Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for
Business |
| Computer Consultants |
http://www.thomas-micro-systems-ltd.co.uk |