Re: ecpg Informix compatability changes for Version 7.4.3

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Paul Tilles <Paul(dot)Tilles(at)noaa(dot)gov>
Cc: interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Joseph Gofus <Joseph(dot)Gofus(at)noaa(dot)gov>
Subject: Re: ecpg Informix compatability changes for Version 7.4.3
Date: 2004-06-16 14:33:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Paul Tilles wrote:
> Our organization is moving from Informix to postgres. We have much
> Informix ESQL/C code which will need to be checked for postgres
> compatability and so were very interested to read that Version 7.4.3 has
> ecpg fixes related to Informix compatability.
>
> Can someone on this list please give more specific information
> concerning these ecpg changes or provide an address where this info can
> be found? We recently installed Version 7.4.2 and are wondering if we
> should upgrade to 7.4.3.

Upgrade. It requires no work on your part except compile, stop
postmaster, install, restart. The fixes are for quite rare cases, but
it doesn't hurt to have them.

For specific info on the fixes, you have to use CVS to see a log of the
ecpg changes, or check the patches list or commit archive for applied
patches to ecpg.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us