Re: plperlng - testimport: try 7

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plperlng - testimport: try 7
Date: 2004-06-13 09:06:22
Lists: pgsql-committers

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> personally, I don't want to subscribe to 101 mailing lists just so
> that I can see activity ...

I seem to recall that you are always the first one to suggest a new
mailing list when more than two people are talking about a topic. :-)

The header to allow filtering doesn't really help. What if I do want to
see commit messages from some projects but not from all? Eventually
we'll be drowned by commit messages from dozens or hundreds of projects
(we already nearly are, and it's been only a few weeks). Those who
actually read the commit messages to closely monitor the projects that
they care about will soon give up and overall quality will be less.