Re: Hi!, and a Question

From: David Cruz <davidcrmail(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hi!, and a Question
Date: 2004-06-08 06:17:07
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi!, about this, I'm using it local, in the same
server is postgresql and the database and the apache
web server too. I have downloaded the php-pgsql again
and install it again, it was an rpm and i have knoppix
(debian), so I did it with #alien -i, I have this in
my php.ini

------
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Dynamic Extensions ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;
; If you wish to have an extension loaded
automatically, use the following
; syntax:
;
; extension=modulename.extension
;
; For example, on Windows:
;
; extension=msql.dll
;
; ... or under UNIX:
;
; extension=msql.so
;
; Note that it should be the name of the module only;
no directory information
; needs to go here. Specify the location of the
extension with the
; extension_dir directive above.
extension=pgsql.so

------

I have pgsql.so in /usr/lib/php4/20020429 which is the
place where phpinfo(); says it's searching for
extensions

-------
and my /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf says:

#
# TYPE DATABASE USER IP-ADDRESS
IP-MASK METHOD
# Database administrative login by UNIX sockets
local all all
trust
#
# All other connections by UNIX sockets
local all all
trust
#
# All IPv4 connections from localhost
host all all 127.0.0.1
255.255.255.0 trust
#
# All IPv6 localhost connections
host all all ::1
ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff trust
host all all ::ffff:127.0.0.1/128
trust
#
# reject all other connection attempts
localhost all all 192.168.1.6
255.255.255.0 trust

-------
and the phpinfo page shows:

pgsql
PostgreSQL Support enabled
Active Persistent Links 0
Active Links 0

Directive Local Value Master Value
pgsql.allow_persistent On On
pgsql.auto_reset_persistent Off Off
pgsql.max_links Unlimited Unlimited
pgsql.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited

-----
I don't know what am I doing but it doesn't work, when
I execute the php web page:

<head>
<title>Ejemplo</title>
</head>

<?php
$db = pg_connect("dbname=cdtaller4_3");
$query = "select * from empleados";
$result = pg_exec($db, $query);
if (!$result) {
printf ("ERROR");
$errormessage = pg_errormessage($db);
echo $errormessage;
exit;
}
?>

It doesn't shows any error or something it stays on
the same page it was, and do nothing...

Thanks...if somebody knows another configuration I'm
forgetting.. (PHP 4, Apache, PostgreSQL 7.4.2, Knoppix
3.4)

thanks!