Re: PostgreSQL certifications?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Evan Rempel <erempel(at)uvic(dot)ca>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL certifications?
Date: 2004-06-06 01:06:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

Evan Rempel wrote:
> Once again I agree. I'm just in a position that after 4 years of
> demonstrating that psql works, is stable, scalable and maintainable,
> I still can't get any interest from management. They was some form of
> guarantee that the DBA's can work with postgresql PRIOR to installing
> it. They want to send the DBA for training, but with no experience
> with the product, and no real guidance from www.postgresql.org as to
> where "Official" training can be obtained, they won't send the DBA's,
> thus they never get thier assurances, and they never really get
> interested in postgresql.

If you want an "official" trace of things then downloading some code
from the internet is probably the first mistake. Get a support
contract, get supported code, and make sure documentation and training
is included in the package. I'm sure you'll find something here:
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/companies.php