Re: Ingres & PostgreSQL

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: Nicholas Wieland <nicholas(at)segec(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ingres & PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-06-03 20:52:37
Lists: pgsql-general

There is no code shared between the two. However, both
used the language QUEL instead of SQL although both
migrated to SQL.

Both Stonebraker projects were turned into companies:
Relational Technology aka Ingres and Miro' aka Illustra (purchased by Informix).

There were several people who were active on both projects
at the university and even more who were active in both
companies. I am both ex-ingres and ex-illustra.

I have a version of the history that includes the business
side of the postgres branches, but it is not in a publishable
format.

been there done that,

elein
elein(at)varlena(dot)com Varlena, LLC www.varlena.com

PostgreSQL Consulting, Support & Training

PostgreSQL General Bits http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/