Re: nested transaction patch build?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: roberthenkel(at)spymac(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: nested transaction patch build?
Date: 2004-06-01 19:07:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

I may be missing how some of the code release process and testing works for this project but here is my 2 cents
I understand your testing phase might not be in the scope of adding yet another area of failure at this time.
However I do think it is bad practice to assume all users should test something and be expected to compile the
code(NOT SAYING YOU DO, JUST A GENERAL THOUGHT). For most of us this is not a big deal, we can compile the code and
patch it. However to get more people to use it, it must be made easier for people to get their hands on it.
Microsoft doesn't have all the users they have by telling everyone to figure it out yourself. Is it really that
hard to add this to the nightly build? Or do you see it just not that important at this point in time? And if so
when will it be important?
If the nested transactions does make it into the next release wouldn't be important to test this with the win32
code as well?
So if someone else creates a build for win32 and includes nested transactions would you mind posting it with your
win32 with no nested transactions so it can be in a central location for download?
Regards,
Bob
On Fri, 28 May 2004 23:12 , Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> sent:

Bob(dot)Henkel(at)hartfordlife(dot)com wrote:

> Any chance the win32 nightly build could also include a seprate build that
> would include the nested transactions patch?
No, we are too busy.

I don't even have time to answer "when will it be ready" emailsl list
this. Maybe you need to look for a differennt database where you can
pay a company to do things for you.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us