Re: Converting postgresql.conf parameters to kilobytes

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: shridhar(at)frodo(dot)hserus(dot)net
Subject: Re: Converting postgresql.conf parameters to kilobytes
Date: 2004-06-01 21:05:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Shridhar, Tom,

As long as we're messing around with PostgreSQL.conf, I propose that we
comment the file much more thouroughly -- in the style of Apache's httpd.conf
and our own pg_hba.conf (though maybe not quite as long as hba). Someone
proposed this for 7.4 and we ran out of time, and as I've thought about the
idea over the last 6 months I've come to like it.

I'm happy to do the work for this ... it should be relatively easy if
everyone's Doc patches are up to date. I can't see any drawback to it; is
there something I'm missing?

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions