On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 04:54:36PM -0400, Alexander Cohen wrote: > Is it possible to turn WAL completely off. For good reasons, i dont > ever want to use it. How can i turn it off?
You can't. The postgresql team is not in the business of producing databases that can't handle a power failure.
Any hints as to what your "good reason" is?
-- Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org> http://svana.org/kleptog/ > Patent. n. Genius is 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration. A patent is a > tool for doing 5% of the work and then sitting around waiting for someone > else to do the other 95% so you can sue them.