Re: Win32, PITR, nested transactions, tablespaces

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Win32, PITR, nested transactions, tablespaces
Date: 2004-05-28 13:52:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 28 May 2004, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

>>> We don't know. If they can be added to CVS without major changes, they
>>> will be in 7.5. As far as I can tell:
>>>
>>> Win32 has 98% of its code in CVS, so it will make it
>>> Tablespaces - Christopher says it is ready, and has run tests
>>> PITR - some functionality might be in 7.5, but we aren't sure
>>> Nested transactions - Alvaro thinks it is close, but we don't know
>
> Today is May 28. So if nobody will not commit above within 3 days, non
> of them will be in 7.5(8.0). Am I correct?

Not necessarily ... there are several Win32 related features that still
haven't been committed (that I've seen) that will push back the release,
and hopefully give some time for the other ones to get in ...

Off the top of my head ... the Installer and Service Manager come to mind
... and Tom's fsync changes ...

Right now, I'd say feature freeze is looking more like next Friday (June
4th), and we're evaluate it then ... that should hopefully give the above
time to flesh out and get into CVS ...

----