Reliable database communication - Slightly OT

From: twinsen <twins3n(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Reliable database communication - Slightly OT
Date: 2004-05-24 19:07:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all

I have an architecture 'problem' which I would like to
bounce off you. We have five remote Interactive Voice
Response sites interconnected via WAN links. I have
two Postgresql databases replicated at one of the
sites. I need to capture data (mostly stats) from the
IVR's and store the data in one of the databases - or
both in which case I could drop replication.

What messaging methods could one use to ensure data is
never lost if a link should go down? I need something
that would detect failure and buffer or something like
that. A simple connection to the database wont cut it
- then again, maybe one of you has found a way.

I am reading through the spread www.spread.org docs
already, but maybe one of you has had experience with
a situation like this?

Kind Regards
Craig