Re: Big problem

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, sergiomb(at)netcabo(dot)pt
Subject: Re: Big problem
Date: 2004-05-24 14:10:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 09:54:20PM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> in phpPgAdmin and managed to remove superuser privileges from his only
> superuser.
>
> We thought and though but it seems that there is no way to recover from
> this situation except a re-init and reload. And what user is he even
> going to dump as?

Hmm ... I'm not sure but maybe with a standalone backend it can be
recovered?

If not, I'd suggest compiling a hacked backend with the permission check
for the ALTER USER ripped out, use that to correct the problem, and then
erase it (and the patch).

One man's impedance mismatch is another man's layer of abstraction.
(Lincoln Yeoh)