Re: timestamp error

From: joseph speigle <joe(dot)speigle(at)jklh(dot)us>
To: postgres <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: timestamp error
Date: 2004-05-21 04:55:36
Lists: pgsql-novice

bob,

--
I see two solutions:
1) always add a timestamp with php

$current=time(); //get current UNIX timestamp

2) use a trigger like this one and remove it from the update/insert clause

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION enterdate() RETURNS trigger AS '
DECLARE
BEGIN
NEW.tstamp := now();
RETURN NEW;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE TRIGGER mytrig BEFORE INSERT ON t_text
FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE enterdate();

INSERT INTO t_text (id) VALUES ('2');

SELECT * FROM t_text;

-- http://dotgeek.org/guruarticles.php?guru=view&id=27
-- may 12, 2004