Set search_path

From: "Michael A Weber" <mweber(at)4wre(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Set search_path
Date: 2004-05-15 00:11:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am attempting to change my schema search path to my newly-created schema,
which isn't functioning correctly.

When I initially show search_path, it gives me $Users, public, which is
expected.

When I perform set search_path TO newpath, I am told that it was performed
correctly.

When I then show search_path, it shows me newpath, which is correct and
expected.

If I attempt to do a query of, say Select * from Users, it fails with
'relation "users" does not exist.

Show search_path still returns newpath

If I open a new SQL query window and show search_path, I see $users, public
returned.

Is there a way to make it 'stick' as it seems that it isn't sticking? Or,
am I missing something completely? Please help!

Michael A Weber

Weber Racing Equipment, Inc.

440-327-7702

440-327-6899 fax