Postgres demo app [was: Re: nested elseif woes]

From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory(at)campbell-lange(dot)net>
To: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres demo app [was: Re: nested elseif woes]
Date: 2004-05-11 09:13:29
Lists: pgsql-general

On 11/05/04, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo (mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it) wrote:
> Anyway does anyone know any public big enough project written in
> plpgsql from which I could learn lurking at the code?

Hi Ivan

I've written a small demo app in PHP and postgres. Whether or not you
use php, the bugadb.php file shows different ways of calling the plpgsql
functions.

You can see a (slightly out of date) version of the small demo running
here:

http://campbell-lange.net/bugaboo/

You can download the source from the bottom of my index page under the
link "Download the 24K zip file of bugaboo sources".

Bear in mind that I'm not an expert. However we have been doing webapps
for the last 2.5 years with a huge amount of success using plpgsql
functions handling the spatial arrangement of data and perl or php to do
the formatting and data verification.

Comments and corrections gratefully received.

Rory

--
Rory Campbell-Lange
<rory(at)campbell-lange(dot)net>