Re: not really SQL but I need info on BLOBs

From: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Denis Braekhus <denis(at)startsiden(dot)no>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: not really SQL but I need info on BLOBs
Date: 2004-05-10 11:41:50
Lists: pgsql-sql

Denis,

Interesting, have you had any experience using a SAN
for the images? Do you know anyone that has
successfully used a SAN to store images that are
accessable to multiple servers?

I do not, however the last place I worked was in the
beginning stages of putting in a SAN. As it was
explained, the raid that would store the images would
be seen as 'local' to as many servers (running
different client services) as the SAN could support.

Thanks for the reply.

Ted