invalid byte sequence for encoding "EUC_TW"

From: Eric Tan <neltan2002(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)hk>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: invalid byte sequence for encoding "EUC_TW"
Date: 2004-05-07 03:06:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dear Sir,
We use postgresql in our company. We found an error when restoring database. We guess the problem is due to the postgresql version.

Source Database:
- version: Postgresql 7.3.4
- encoding: EUC_TW
- OS: Red Hat 9

Target Database:
- version: Postgresql 7.4.2
- encoding: EUC_TW
- OS: Red Hat 9

Error message when I use the command - psql:

ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "EUC_TW": 0xae61
CONTEXT: COPY items, line 2, column itemdesc: "Raa&ucirc;?u&iexcl;±@&iexcl;±{ (?@) QEF01-0301"
ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "EUC_TW": 0xab4f
CONTEXT: COPY old_directprog, line 1, column directprogdesc: "aふY&cent;XIふYo?O?j&AElig;&Oslash;I"
ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "EUC_TW": 0xa745
CONTEXT: COPY receipt, line 72, column receivedfrom: "&iexcl;±E&iexcl;±R?A"

Would you please give us comment on how to solve this problem.
We are looking forward for your reply. Thank you very much!

Eric Tan
>From Hong Kong

借過、一拍兩散、奇洛李維斯回信...
全港最大手機下載中心