Re: Promoting PostgreSQL to the world.

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Promoting PostgreSQL to the world.
Date: 2004-04-29 17:56:39
Lists: pgsql-www

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > Yea, but are they offering because they want to, or because they think
> > they have to?
>
> Do you have something *against* raising money for the project? Geez, Bruce,
> where's your head at today?
>
> Look, if they start selling PostgreSQL t-shirts, presumably we're going to
> sell less of them ourselves. So if they're not going to give us a % of the
> revenue, I'd say turn them down. I have distinct hopes of raising money at
> conventions by selling t-shirts.
>
> But they are offering us a % of the revenue, without us having to ask. Why
> on earth would we tell them to take the logo and keep their money?

The distinction is whether we are going to require companies to give us
money to use our name or logo. If CP, SRA, or PostgreSQL, Inc. puts the
logo on their box, is that OK? I think we need to decide how this is
going to work long-term, not just in this case.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us