Re: Postgre and Web Request

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: shridhar(at)frodo(dot)hserus(dot)net
Cc: herve(at)elma(dot)fr, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgre and Web Request
Date: 2004-04-29 08:44:51
Lists: pgsql-general

> > (replication ?, I'm not sure there is a realtime solution of replication with
> > PostgreSQL able to accep 10000 insert by second ... for the moment !?)

pgpool(annouced at general/announce list) is a synchronous single
master replication solution and it runs UPDATE/INSERT about 2/3 speed
of a normal PostgreSQL. So if you are lucky enough to aquire good
hardware which can run normal PostgreSQL with 15000 INSERTs, you could
obtain that speed with replication.

> > And second point ... to talk about beowulf cluster .... is there any solution
> > for PostgreSQL ? We here talking many time about MySQL solution for that ...
> > why PostgreSQL do not have this kind of solution, yet ?
>
> Ohh. good question.. there are so many facets of this problems that it would
> take a book...:-)
>
> There are many replication solutions for postgresql. Most of them do async
> replication quite nicely. Synchronous multimaster replication isn't there AFAIK.
> But I could be out of touch..

PGCluster (http://www.csra.co.jp/~mitani/jpug/pgcluster/en/index.html) is a
synchronous multimaster replication solution.
--
Tatsuo Ishii