Re: Linux User (& Developer) Expo 2004 - A brief account

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Linux User (& Developer) Expo 2004 - A brief account
Date: 2004-04-21 22:22:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Peter,

> I can maybe help you with some posters and brochures for the future.
> The posters I have I kind of need myself and the brochures are
> bilingual, but I can at least send you the designs and you can arrange
> to have them printed. That's probably cheaper than shipping them
> anyway. The brochures are especially nice because when someone asks
> you about why PostgreSQL is better than MySQL you can point them to all
> the items listed on the flyer.

Also, once we can get the foundation off the ground, I'll work on funding for
professional printing. We'll need to have 3-4 "caches" of materials; one in
the US, one in Europe, and one in Australia (maybe India, too?) which can be
shipped around within those regions. We did this for OpenOffice.org and it
worked pretty well.

Of course, with paid printing there's no way we can cover all 13+ EU
languages. Suggestions on how to handle this? Prof. printed stuff in
English, and photocopies in other languages?

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions