[jforman@tecso.com.br: RES: Database comparison question]

From: Karsten Hilbert <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [jforman@tecso.com.br: RES: Database comparison question]
Date: 2004-04-21 08:52:40
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Dear advocacy team,

attached find a posting from the openhealth list. The story
behind this is that a colleague of one of the posters there
(Dan Johnson at Mayo Clinics) asked the OP to help him divert
the flak he was getting at his hospital IT dept. for
proffering OS solutions. The "bad guys" compared MS SQL and
MySQL concluding the latter and thusly all OS DBs are crap
(find details in the openhealth archives).

In the course of discussion someone posted the attached
comparison between PG and MySQL (note, it is not the poster's
work). There are gaping errors in there that I wanted to bring
to your attention.

Now, the people on openhealth are typically very clever and
well-mannered if that has any influence on how you might react
to the attached posting should you choose to do so.

I already posted the URL to your site and the URL to the MySQL
Gotcha's site.

Oh, me personally, I hear you say ? Well, I am just a humble
developer with GnuMed (http://www.gnumed.org) -- based on
PostgreSQL, of course :-)

Karsten Hilbert, MD
GnuMed i18n coordinator
Leipzig, Germany
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD 4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346