Re: Going from a DB using SQL_ASCII to UNICODE

From: Frank Finner <postgresql(at)finner(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, lloyd(at)middleware-company(dot)com, eric(at)middleware-company(dot)com
Subject: Re: Going from a DB using SQL_ASCII to UNICODE
Date: 2004-04-20 05:05:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I answered to a similiar problem on the [GENERAL] list a few days ago. In
short: You can use "recode" in a pipe between dump and restore like
"pg_dump database|recode ascii..utf8|psql newdatabase" to get rid of unicode
problems while transferring from a different encoding. Please look at my
statements on the[GENERAL] list for the gory details.

Regards, Frank.