Re: xlog flush request is not satisfied error

From: George Cristian Birzan <gcbirzan(at)wolfheart(dot)ro>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: xlog flush request is not satisfied error
Date: 2004-04-19 13:59:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 09:53:26AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Run some hardware diagnostics. This looks like your disk drive dropped
> some bits ...

That would be something, it would be the second disk in two weeks. It's
a brand new drive and I haven't had any other problems. (Heck, even the
other PostgreSQL installation, the one I got the dump from, is running
on that drive).
Though, yes, it would be an indication of a problem elsewhere, if that's
the case.
--
George Cristian Birzan gcbirzan (at) wolfheart (dot) ro
I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's