Re: RESOLVED: Re: Wierd context-switching issue on Xeon

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Dirk Lutzebäck <lutzeb(at)aeccom(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Sven Geisler <sgeisler(at)aeccom(dot)com>
Subject: Re: RESOLVED: Re: Wierd context-switching issue on Xeon
Date: 2004-04-16 16:58:14
Lists: pgsql-performance

Dirk,

> I'm not sure if this semop() problem is still an issue but the database
> behaves a bit out of bounds in this situation, i.e. consuming system
> resources with semop() calls 95% while tables are locked very often and
> longer.

It would be helpful to us if you could test this with the indexes disabled on
the non-Bigmem system. I'd like to eliminate Bigmem as a factor, if
possible.

--
-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Enterprise vertical business josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data analysis solutions (415) 752-2387
and database optimization fax 651-9224
utilizing Open Source technology San Francisco