Re: BUG #1132: I can't connection to Postgresql

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "Ngo van Dung" <ngvndung(at)hcm(dot)vnn(dot)vn>, "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #1132: I can't connection to Postgresql
Date: 2004-04-14 19:20:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 14:51, PostgreSQL Bugs List wrote:

> Bug reference: 1132
> Logged by: Ngo van Dung
> Email address: ngvndung(at)hcm(dot)vnn(dot)vn
> PostgreSQL version: 7.3.4
> Operating system: Redhat Linux 9.
>
> Details:
> I copy example connect to Postgresql but I can't connect postgresql

Ngo, that's not really enough information to help you. Can I suggest you
subscribe to the pgsql-novice mailing list (details at
http://www.postgresql.org/lists.html) and I'm sure you can get help there.

A good checklist is to make sure:
1. The "postmaster" process is running.
2. The settings in pg_hba.conf look correct.
3. You can connect using: psql -Upostgres template1

If you still have problems, then make sure you provide the error message when
you post to the mailing list.

PS - We have lots of mailing lists, for PHP, Java etc. too and searchable
archives.

Best of luck with your problem. If I can be of any more help, you can find me
on the pgsql-general or pgsql-sql mailing lists.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd