Re: [SQL] SQL Spec Compliance Questions

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] SQL Spec Compliance Questions
Date: 2004-03-31 22:41:22
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-sql

Tom,

> This looks more like an underling with a checklist than a serious
> inquiry. Can you get them to specify particular capabilities that they
> need? In sufficient detail that we could actually answer?

Ok, talked with him. They are trying to plan OO-->DB mapping in 3
programming languages for a large project. Large enough that they would
cost out implementing these SQL99 features for us if they like PostgreSQL
otherwise. But they *do* need to complete the checklist for each candidate
database system.

So ... can anyone more familiar with SQL99 than me give some feedback?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions