BUG #1118: Misleading Commit message

From: "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1118: Misleading Commit message
Date: 2004-03-28 03:24:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

Bug reference: 1118
Logged by: elein

Email address: elein(at)norcov(dot)com

PostgreSQL version: 7.4

Operating system: SuSE

Details:

In a block transaction, whether or not there were errors in the transaction
issuing a commit; returns a COMMIT confirmation.

In a block transaction, after a statement fails, all other statements have
the (frustratingly) nice message ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block

It seems to me, it would be helpful to change the commit message to reflect
a ROLLBACK if the transaction is not actually committed.

Let me know if you want an example :-)

PS: the bug tracking thingo thinks my email (elein(at)varlena(dot)com) is not a
valid address.
Funny I get a whole lotta postgres mail there...