Re: Log rotation

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Log rotation
Date: 2004-03-24 16:17:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 09:55:34AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> This thread seems to have died without a conclusion. AFAICS, we have 5
>
> . the apache program - see below
> pro: robust, portable, extremely well tested, no effort to import
> con: possible license issues, limited features

One of the folks who works with me at Afilias, Andrew Hammond, is
trying to clean up a patch he made to include the apache log rotator
"natively". We've been looking at it because I'm worried about the
I/O our current approach imposes, and we need to have something to
compare it with. I think he told me that he'll have a patch ready to
offer in a day or two. Of course, it would depend on actually having
the rotator program sitting around somewhere.

The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
--Philip Greenspun