Re: linked list rewrite

From: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: linked list rewrite
Date: 2004-03-24 08:15:17
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 01:16:51PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I agree a renaming of list functions is good. If we had kept the
> original Berkeley code as-is, we would have a lot fewer developers
> today. :-) Making drastic cleanups is often worthwile. I write
> backend code and still can't remember which list function does what, so
> clearer naming would help me a lot, and I am sure others too.

Maybe I already ask, is there any coding style recommendation for _new_
written things?

I agree with Bruce. The list functions and a lot of other functions
can be candidates for rename. I read Mono docs last night and
it's perfect if they can write to docs about functions names:
"mono_<type>_<action>".

I think sometime are people too much focus on the shortest way to
target and forgot that with code work others people and not CPU only.
(sorry of this pontification:-)

Karel

--
Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>