Re: libpgtcl.so?

From: "Vickriz Buenaventuura" <vickr1z(at)operamail(dot)com>
To: "Brett Schwarz" <brett_schwarz(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpgtcl.so?
Date: 2004-03-19 05:56:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

thanx foor your reply Brett..
it did run now my pgaccess gui. but there's still error inside of pgaccess.

1.creating new database an error will pop.:
Tcl error executing pg_exec CREATE DATABASE test1 can not find channel named " ".

2.after that error i connect to a host and error pop:
Error trying to connect to database 'polmap' on host 172.blah.blah.blah
PostgreSQL error message: Connection to database failed Fatal: Password authentication failed user "kriz".
-I have typed correct user/password and im the superuser of my database. i really dont know what the error cost. but when im opening it again my pgaccess i was connected to that host i create.

3.when im trying to open at my host connect database tree i cant access them. an error tells me:
Could not find a good db handle.
Could not find PG version of the database.

4.on my frustrations i close thhe pgaccess[gui] then open it again. this is what i get:

[vvbuenaventura(at)localhost vvbuenaventura]$ pgaccess
Error in startup script: bad option "-1": must be -exact, -glob, -regexp, or --
while executing
"switch $res {
0 {
# they hit ok
}
1 {
# they need help
if {[string length $helptopic]>0} {..."
(procedure "showError" line 10)
invoked from within
"showError $m open_database"
(procedure "::Connections::openConn" line 137)
invoked from within
"::Connections::openConn $i"
(procedure "main" line 60)
invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
(file "/usr/X11R6/bin/pgaccess" line 1172)

can u tell me what im missing to configure?
and what does the -pgintcl command line i found in help suggested me? where and how should i use it?