Data Access Error

From: Nick Texidor <nick(dot)texidor(at)webbods(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Data Access Error
Date: 2004-03-18 13:36:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi, I'm hoping that someone can help me out with a small problem.

I have just moved a website over from a MS Access database to a Postgres one.
The site is written in ColdFusion. Most of the SQL commands worked fine,
with the only changes being the boolean fields, which were bit under Access.

Anyway.. my problem is this. I have a function that deletes pages in my
content system. This function fires off several ColdFusion queries, to
delete records from various tables. There may, or may not, be records in
these tables that need to be deleted.

The problem is this... if there are records to be deleted, everything runs
fine and dandy.. however, of there are no records to be deleted, the browser
spits up a "Data Access Error" error page. All it says is "Unknown Data
Access Error". I have played around enough to figure that it is when there
are no rows deleted that the error appears. This has always worked when the
database used was Access. I'm tried pasting the code directly into the SQL
window in phpPgAdmin, and the same code qorked, without returning an error,
where no records existed to be deleted.

So I'm figuring that the error is lieing in the ODBC driver. I have been
through all the settings, but couldn't make it work. Am I missing
something, or is this a genuine bug? Are there any other odbc drivers I can
try? I can code SELECT queries all around the deletes to see if there is
anything to delete, but this seems like a bit of overkill for something that
should really work.

I'm running postgres on a windows NT machine, using the cygwin setup.
Everything else seems great, just this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nick