Last Meeting and Our Name

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Last Meeting and Our Name
Date: 2004-03-18 21:49:37
Lists: sfpug

Folks,

Well, anyone not there missed a good meeting last night. We discussed OSCON
and current PG community activity, and ShareChive did a demo of their very
impressive software solution.

A big thank you to ShareChive for providing Thai food and meeting space.
Thank you, Craig & Craig!

Also, thank you David Fetter for home made root beer.

Next meeting is April 14th, in Oakland. Topic suggestions are welcome.
Otherwise I might hit up David Fetter to demo dollar quoting.

In other big news, Fred Moyer has thrown together a Movable Type site for us,
which will go up as soon as the PG-WWW team decides where to stick it. Go
Fred.

Which brings up and important issue: our name. SFPUG seemed pretty obvious
when I started the mailing list, but it seemed pretty obvious to the Perl
Users' Group and the Palm Users' Group too. I'd like to suggest that we
consider changing our name for the web site to avoid futher confusion.

The obvious choices to me are:
PG-SF
PostgreSF
Pachyderms By The Bay (just kidding)