Re: [SQL] could not create shared memory segment: Invalid argument

From: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql -bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [SQL] could not create shared memory segment: Invalid argument
Date: 2004-03-16 14:31:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-sql

You must edit the file /etc/rc ( sudo pico /ect/rc )

find the system tuning section and change as follows:

sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmax=167772160
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmin=1
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmni=32
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmseg=8
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmall=65536

warning... this change will not survive a system
update that updates the /etc/rc file.

Ted
--- Achilleus Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>