Re: Multiple postmasters for one data directory...

From: Stef <svb(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multiple postmasters for one data directory...
Date: 2004-03-12 07:47:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tom Lane mentioned :
=> Get out your backup tapes, because what you have on disk now is just a
=> pile of inconsistent bits.

I haven't actually done anything but SELECT's from the shared postmaster,
and it was a test machine. Phew!! Glad I asked first...

I think the way I'll do it, is by using initlocation, as this will solve all my problems,
except for having to reload all databases.

Thanks for the enlightening answer!

Kind Regards
Stefan