BUG #1095: make can't find plperl

From: "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1095: make can't find plperl
Date: 2004-03-10 10:27:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1095
Logged by: Costin

Email address: siderite(at)go(dot)ro

PostgreSQL version: 7.4

Operating system: Slackware Linux 9.1

Details:

I am trying to configure PostgreSQL 7.4.2 with Perl 5.8.3 or 5.9.0. I
compiled both versions of Perl, with shared libraries and with no shared
libraries. Then I 'configure'd postgres with '--with-perl' with no error.
Every time I run 'make', though, I get an error that it does not find
/pl/plperl. The problem is described by only one person I could find at url:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2003-09/msg00184.php.
What do I do? please reply, I feel that I've tried everything but
manually reprogramming perl and postgres!