not necessarily a bug...

From: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql -bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: not necessarily a bug...
Date: 2004-03-09 22:17:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

recently I was playing around with psql and tried to
log onto a postgresql server so I tried...

psql -h 10.0.1.233 dbname

and to my suprise, i was in and able to issue
commands. what is 'bothering' me is that I was not
asked for a password. in defence of the system, I was
on a mac os x box logged in as 'postgres' so my
current name was postgres.

is this correct behaviour? I was expecting to be
challenged.

Ted