Re: ERServer on Windows?

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERServer on Windows?
Date: 2004-03-07 15:34:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 06:54:54PM +0800, Chen Shaopeng wrote:
> Has anyone gotten ERServer (the async replication server) work on
> Windows and would like to share some ideas?

Not as far as I know. In principle, it should work: the whole thing
except for the setup scripts is written in Java. You'd need to write
some start and stop scripts which didn't depend on having a Bourne
shell, I suppose.

You _must_ use the Sun JDK. I'd certainly be interested in any
reports of success or failure. There's a mailing list dedicated to
the topic of erserver, available on the gborg site.

The plural of anecdote is not data.
--Roger Brinner