Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)

From: Silvana Di Martino <silvanadimartino(at)tin(dot)it>
To: Hans Spaans <cj(dot)spaans(at)nexit(dot)nl>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)
Date: 2004-03-05 21:38:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Alle 19:26, venerdì 5 marzo 2004, Hans Spaans ha scritto:
> I'm just wondering, does that law applies on all databases or just on
> new databases. In the Netherlands laws about privacy only apply on new
> databases and for old databases the law of that time-frame only
> applies. I must note that the database must be registered with
> http://www.cbpweb.nl/

The italian law applies to all databases (containing personal data) and they
must be registered at www.garanteprivacy.it.

As I told before, there is a EU directive that enforces this logic. All UE
countries will have to comply with it in a few years.

See you

Alessandro Bottoni and Silvana Di Martino
alessandrobottoni(at)interfree(dot)it
silvanadimartino(at)tin(dot)it