Data Corruption in case of abrupt failure

From: satish satish <satish_ach2003(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Data Corruption in case of abrupt failure
Date: 2004-03-03 12:27:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am trying to do some reliability tests on postgre SQL. I have use-case where the power can go off abruptly. I initiated 10,000 insert operations and pulled out the cable in the middle. I had auto-commit option turned on. I observed 2 out of 5 times the tables were totally corrupted and could not read any data whereas 3 times I was able to read the data which was inserted.

Is there any way that I could avoid that data corruption and ensure that atleast the records inserted till that point are available in the database. Or are there any tools through which I can recover the data in case the database gets corrupted?

Thanks in advance,
Sathish