Re: Short notice, but ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Short notice, but ...
Date: 2004-02-27 20:56:07
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

> ACK

Why ACK? I can hold off until Monday if it makes your life easier ... as
I said, it should be totally transparent ... none of the configs are
changing, and unless there is a software package missing on the new
template (its our standard one now, so most should already be installed),
the versions of software are all the same ...

The way the VMs are setup, in case you are not aware, is a layer of two
file systems ... the upper layer contains all of the stuff that has
changed specific to that VM (ie. httpd config files, password files, etc)
while the lower layer just contains the applications ... it is the lower
layer that I'm going to be swapping, the upper will not be touched ...

----