Re: Why does app fail?

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Paul Simpson <Paul(dot)Simpson(at)spgs(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why does app fail?
Date: 2004-02-25 14:40:41
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Just a couple of notes:

Make sure that you are using the latest available
version of the ODBC driver. You can get the latest
snapshot of the .dll from Hiroshi's page:

http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/

There was discussion of, and agreement in principle
to, a user setting "foldtoupper", which would take
care of your problem, and all similar ones. But
apparently that has not been picked up by anyone. See
the following:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=15001.1027109813%40sss.pgh.pa.us&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DISO-8859-1%26q%3Dfoldtoupper%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch%26meta%3Dgroup%253Dcomp.databases.postgresql.*

I am thinking that providing this option would be
important if we want to encourage more people to port
their apps from other RDBMS's. But I am not
comptetent to contribute to that, so this is all I
will say about it.